What is diaper rash?
Symptoms & Types of Diaper Rash
How it Works
Grandma El’s Diaper Rash Remedy & Prevention is a Patented Skin Soothing, and Healing Ointment. This unique Pediatrician Tested product has been used by Grandma El since 1974 to successfully treat and heal diaper rash.
Grandma El’s creates a skin softening, protective barrier which prevents wetness and stool enzymes from coming into contact with your baby’s bottom, while allowing the skin to breathe; something no other product offers. Grandma El’s promotes the growth of new skin collagen, which helps the healing process.
Grandma El has put an end to the white, messy paste, lotions, and creams. Grandma El’s knows that for the skin to heal, it needs to breathe. Other products coat the skin, and stop the skin from breathing, thereby slowing the healing process. Grandma El’s patented formula lets your baby’s skin breathe as it protects.
Grandma El’s may also help with the following:
· Preventing skin breakdown
· Healing irritation and chapping
· Promoting the growth of new skin collagen
· Soothing and softens baby’s skin making for a comforting experience
· Allowing skin to ‘breathe’ while protecting the skin from wetness and bacterial contamination Stopping redness, itching, pain, and soreness
1. Always apply a thin coat of Grandma El’s Diaper Rash Remedy & Prevention to the peri-anal (diaper) area with each and every diaper change.
2. Always use Grandma El’s Gentle Baby Cleanser when bathing your little one. The natural ingredients will assure your baby the safest experience.
3. Change your baby’s diapers frequently, at least every 2 hours with newborns. As your baby begins to urinate less often, so will the frequency of changing the diapers.
4. Be sure to change dirty diapers immediately to prevent urine from coming into contact with the skin. Applying Grandma El’s will also help in creating a barrier to keep the urine from coming into contact with the skin.
5. Consider changing the brand of diapers you use. A better fit means more comfort. You wouldn’t want to wear pants that are too tight yourself.
6. If you are using cloth diapers, be sure to clean them thoroughly before use.
7. Be sure to clean and dry the entire peri-anal area thoroughly when changing diapers
8. If possible, cleanse the area with a wash cloth or cotton balls. If you must use wipes, try and use wipes that are all natural and unscented as some baby’s can become allergic to preservatives and fragrances found in some wipes.
9. When changing diapers, try and give your baby’s bottom some time exposed to the air, in their ‘birthday suit’. This can help the healing process along.
1. Do not use a thick paste or cream which will not allow your baby’s skin to breathe.
2. Some people will tell you to use generous amounts of cream, paste, or lotion on an affected area. Adding more is not the answer as this will prevent much needed air to contact the skin. Applying a thin coat of Grandma El’s is the answer.
3. Do not mix together household items that you think will heal or dry the affected area. You can make the condition much worse. Leave it to the pros. Your neighbor that mixes a few things together from the refrigerator is not a pro!
4. Do not rub the area to dry it, gently pat the area dry.
5. Most pediatricians suggest avoiding the use of talcum powder and cornstarch as the possibilities exist that they can cause respiratory problems and the formation of yeast respectively.
Cuts & Scrapes
It is hands down the BEST diaper rash remedy (& is also cloth diaper safe!)! I also use it for my heel, which has had a skin graft and gets extremely dry & cracked. It works better than prescription creams to keep the skin healthy & moisturized.
This is my absolute favorite stuff, and CD safe!!!
Your Content Goes Here